CoFED seeks a highly motivated, flexible Program and Operations Manager to join a dynamic, growing organization. The position will support our evolving network-building, leadership development, and business cultivation work, and will oversee important organizational development priorities.
CoFED (The Cooperative Food Empowerment Directive) is a national nonprofit with a burgeoning network of food and social justice advocates joined together by a shared commitment to whole food and cooperative business development. We come together to support college students that create and strengthen cooperatively run food enterprises with their campus communities.
Established in 2011, CoFED currently works with 450 students across 40 campuses and is actively growing our membership base. We are committed to working with a diverse group of campus community teams and strengthening the links between campuses and their local food and economic systems. Those linkages support a movement of improved access to whole foods and dignified, cooperative working opportunities that build community wealth.
The Program and Operations Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and work in close collaboration with the Cooperative Educator and Field Staff to implement a suite of national programs that address access to healthy food and expanding opportunity on campus communities.
Responsibilities include building community partnerships, leading program development, and overseeing the design of special projects. The position will play an important role in network building and external communications. The Program and Operations Manager will work with the cooperative educator to organize member engagement, convenings, and related activities. Internally, the position will reinforce a strong internal team culture, support staff development, and provide administrative support for a growing Oakland office.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the growth of the national network, build and maintain partnerships.
- Manage the national mentors network and alumni network.
- Develop a communications strategy that builds our national presence utilizing social and print media.
- Launch special programmatic initiatives and direct programs.
- Assist in the quality assurance and oversight of program evaluation activities.
- Provide fundraising and development support. Assist in coordinating grant awards, quarterly reports, and disseminating other resources and information to member organizations.
- Support to plan and execute regular member engagement activities and events.
- Provide office management support for Oakland office to ensure smooth operations of office functions. Co-create internal operational systems, as needed.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, enjoy working with college students, working knowledge of issues of access to healthy food; ability to analyze in-depth leadership and business development programs; flexible work style including the ability to shift priorities quickly, exceptional written and oral communications; strong organizational abilities, including excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task; excellent analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills;.
- Preferred: Prior experience working for a nonprofit or related organization, experience working in low-income, multi-racial, and immigrant communities. Experience with social entrepreneurship, coalition-building, cooperative development, community organizing, asset building, financial education, community development programs, database management or design skills. Social media and information technology know-how a plus.
Qualified applicants should be willing to work in a fast-paced setting, and be a team player with demonstrated ability to work well in a small, highly collaborative environment. Strong communication skills are a must.
The Program and Operations Manager is a full-time position to be located at the CoFED headquarters in Oakland, CA. Salary is commensurate with background and experience. We offer a flexible schedule and four weeks paid vacation, health benefits, and professional development opportunities among other benefits.
Please email cover letter and resume to Holly Phillips: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by June 15th will get priority consideration.
CoFED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply. No calls or agencies, please.